CGM Region Challenge Sides
CGM DIVISION SIDES CHAMPIONSHIP 2021
Sunday 7th February 2021
HOSTED BY: EAST Shepparton Bowls Club (GVBD)
Selected Central Sides
Skip Steve Duncan Mick Szczykulski David Ellis Third Greg Gilmour Joe Purcell Robert Chapman Second Max Hammond Steve Matcham Will Hanna Lead Matthew McMaster Graeme Flint Dale Sellick
Skip Wilma Atkins Sharon Hall Helen Flint Third Dot Dillon Gail Krzciuk Maxine Matcham Second Jenny Kreemers Lesley Hodgson Ailsa Kell Lead Pat Donavon Jan Goring Di Staples
9.00am – Side Managers Meeting
9.15am – Trial Ends
9.30am – Round 1
11.30am – Round 2
1.30pm – Lunch
2.15pm – Round 3
4.45pm – Presentations:
Best Rinks Women & Men
Medallions & Challenge Shield
Announcement -Men’s & Women’s Regional Sides
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- Play will be conducted in Round Robin Format of 3 Rounds.
- The Winners will be determined by the points won over the day and declared the Champion Region Division Side.
- All Section Round Matches will be of 12 ends duration per rink, with a time limit of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- ONE trial end in each direction is permitted prior to the start of the first round ONLY.
- SIDE SELECTION – Both Central & Murray Divisions will nominate ONE -Men’s 12 Side Team and ONE Women’s 12 Side Team eac
GVBD will nominate TWO – Men’s 12 Side Teams and TWO Women’s 12 Side Teams each. (RED & BLUE).
Total of 48 Men Players and 48 Women Players -TOTAL 96 Players in all.
- Should there be change in the composition or playing position of the intended teams for any game the Tournament Director must be advised prior to the commencement of the game.
- Play will not begin until notification is given, and the finish of the game will also be given in the same manner by whatever means at the disposal of the event organizer’s.
- If the time limit of the match expires is signaled by the Controlling Body after which the JACK is made dead, that end is completed.
- SCORING WILL BE:
2 Points for each rink win, plus 10 points for each match won.
1 point for each rink draw.
GOULBURN VALLEY BOWLS DIVISION HEAT RULES WILL APPLY AS PER GVBD
Rules for Competition.
Tournament Director; Alan Rogers, President – CGM Bowls Region
- SMOKING is strictly prohibited on the green.
- The consumption of Alcohol by Players is strictly limited to when scheduled breaks in play are conducted. Alcohol is not to be consumed by Players (including Emergencies) whilst matches are in progress.
- Please be mindful that penalties will apply if these Special Conditions of Play are not adhered to.
The Controlling Body has the right to alter the Conditions of Play if deemed necessary