Side Manager Duties
THE SIDE MANAGER’s DUTIES
The Side Manager needs to be competent in all aspects regarding the Manager’s duties and should be carefully chosen for the role by the Club. The Manager is responsible for;
- The draw for rinks, following the correct procedure
- Printing the names of all players including the correct spelling of names on both the Scorecards & Team Sheet
- Completing the Team Sheet correctly with all sections filled out in full
- Ensuring that scores are correct and points are allotted accordingly
- Notification of results shall be arranged by the home Side Manager and entered into Bowls Link at the completion of the game.
- Should be familiar with the Pennant rules
- Acts on the Sides behalf whenever any decision has to be made under any Laws and rules
- Is responsible for determining the application of the inclement weather rules
- The Manager cannot be the Umpire on the day
- Ensure that results entered are correct in Bowls Link for all games including byes, forfeits and abandoned games
The Manager’s role is an important one and in recent years there have been many mistakes made with Team sheets, result entry and interpretation of the Rules.
Due to repeated requests for more accuracy with Team Sheets and results notification being ignored, the CBD Executive has decided that failure to comply with any of the requirements for filling out the Team Sheet and results notification, may result in the defaulting Side being penalised with either a loss of points, a fine or both. Therefore it is in the Sides best interests to appoint a person who is competent to the role of Manager.